Skip to the content
Important Information for Tourists Regarding Cannabis in Thailand
Welcome to Thailand where the grass is always greener! 10 important facts to note for newly arriving tourists regarding cannabis in Thailand..
- Carrying seeds or parts of the cannabis plant from and to Thailand for personal purposes is not permitted.
- Cannabis cultivation is legal, but registering in the “PLOOK GANJA” application or through the government website is required.
- Using cannabis flower buds for research, export, sale, and processing for commercial purposes requires an official permit.
- Individuals under 20 years old, pregnant women, and breastfeeding women are not eligible to use cannabis except under the supervision of health professionals.
- Possession of extracts containing more than 0.2% THC and synthetic THC requires permission.
- Cannabis-infused dishes are available in authorized restaurants.
- Approved cannabis health products are accessible through specific channels.
- Smoking cannabis in public spaces, including schools and shopping malls, is illegal.
- It is advised to avoid driving after consuming food or health products containing cannabis.
- Those experiencing serious adverse health effects from cannabis should promptly seek medical treatment from a qualified doctor.